Tuesday, May 7, 2013

DONE with Standardized Testing

By Georgia state laws, we are required to do standardized testing every two years starting in 3rd grade.  We just finished taking the Stanford 10.  I've learned that there are some really bad questions, but most of them seem really easy and oversimplified.  I've also found a skill Kate is very behind on compared to her public school 2nd graders...she is pretty bad at bubbling in answers on Scantron sheets.  I suppose if scantron bubbling were a job title or a qualification on a resume, I would be concerned.  For now, though, I will just be happy for my daughter because she's now 8 and has just "bubbled" for the first time.  It's a blessing she can't fully appreciate.  

This is a picture of Kate and Dylan after they finished their two days of testing and I got the tests all packed to mail off for scoring.  It's also a huge blessing to tell them that their scores don't matter because I know what they are learning and I know they are doing well.  I don't need a standardized test to tell me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment